Question: How can I share the Visium CytAssist instrument Support Logs with 10x Genomics Technical Support?
Answer: Sharing Visium CytAssist instrument Support Logs with 10x Genomics Technical Support allows us to investigate further any issues you might be experiencing during an instrument run. Please follow the steps to export log files from your instrument.
There are two possible options for exporting the instrument logs to 10x Genomics Support. These depend on the Visium CytAssist instrument being connected to the internet and if the instrument is automatically uploading logs to the 10x Cloud.
Note: Please get in touch with email@example.com to ensure the 10x Technical Support team will assist with reviewing the Visium CytAssist Support Logs. The Visium CytAssist Support Logs will not be reviewed if the logs are exported without contacting 10x Genomics Support.
First, determine if the instrument is connected to the internet and automatically uploading logs to the 10x Cloud to determine the options for exporting logs to 10x Genomics Technical Support:
Navigate to the Connectivity page Menu → Connectivity.
Verify whether the Wi-Fi or Ethernet is connected and if the "Automatic Log Uploads" option is turned on.
Please follow one of the following three options based on the status of the instrument connectivity and if the "Automatic Log Uploads" option is turned on:
If the instrument is connected to the internet and has Automatic Log Uploads turned on OR has Automatic Log Uploads turned off, and the instrument is either connected to the internet or can temporarily connect to the internet:
1. Connect the instrument to the internet via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi by navigating to Menu → Connectivity.
2. From the instrument home screen, click the View Run Data Icon → select the "Support" button at the top of the Run Data page and accept sharing data with the 10x Technical support team.
3. Select "Upload Directly to 10x Support" to share logs via the 10x Cloud
4. Select which run(s) to export → Click "Start Export."
5. After the logs successfully upload to the 10x Cloud, the instrument may be disconnected from the internet, or Automatic Log uploads turned off if desired.
6. Provide 10x Genomics Technical Support with the instrument serial number. The Support Team will analyze the instrument logs and respond as soon as possible.
If the instrument has Automatic Log Uploads turned off and an internet connection is not available:
1. If the instrument cannot connect to the internet, the logs can be exported to the 8GB 10x USB provided in the Visium CytAssist Instrument Accessory Kit.
2. Connect the 10x USB to the instrument.
3. From the instrument home screen, click the View Run Data Icon → select the "Support" button at the top of the Run Data page and accept sharing data with the 10x Technical support team.
4. Select the 10x USB as the exported data destination
5. Select which run(s) to export → Click "Start Export"
6. After the logs have successfully uploaded to the 10x USB, remove the USB from the instrument.
7. After exporting the logs, please connect the USB flash drive to a computer and upload them to 10x Genomics Support, following the instructions provided from 10x Genomics support.
Products: Visium CytAssist