Question: What key steps are similar and different when running archived, hard coverslipped slides as compared to freshly placed FFPE sections?
Answer: Listed below are running high-level similarities and differences of archived and freshly placed tissues.
- Both sample inputs need to have tissue within the allowable area of a compatible plain glass slide.
- Both sample inputs should have the RNA quality assessed via DV200% from bulk RNA extraction.
- For archived slides, representative tissue is scraped off the slide for RNA extraction
- For fresh tissue, an FFPE ribbon is collected and used for RNA extraction
- When running archived slides with already stained tissue, the coverslip must be removed following our Tissue Preparation DP and the tissue must then be destained (H&E) and/or decrosslinked (H&E & IF), depending on the staining type following our H&E Staining DP.
- For freshly placed tissues, the sections must be H&E or IF stained in accordance with our Staining Demonstrated Protocol.
See the Visium CytAssist Tissue Preparation Guide for more details.
Products: Visium CytAssist for FFPE