Question:What staining methods are compatible with the Visium CytAssist for FFPE solution?
Answer: Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E) staining for assessment of tissue morphology or immunofluorescence (IF) for protein co-detection are compatible with the Visium CytAssist for FFPE assay. Customers must choose either to perform H&E or IF staining upstream of the workflow.
- H&E staining is one of the principal tissue stains used in histology and is commonly used in tissue diagnosis.
- Hematoxylin – basic stain, that stains nucleic acids blue
- Eosin – acidic stain, that stains proteins and extracellular space pink
- Direct or indirect immunofluorescence staining allows for the detection of proteins, both methods are compatible with the assay.
- Reagents needed for performing the workflow can be found in the respective Demonstrated Protocol.
Products: Visium CytAssist for FFPE