Question: Which thermal cyclers are compatible with the Visium for FFPE assay?
Answer: The following thermal cyclers have been validated to be compatible with the Visium assay by 10x Genomics.
- Bio-Rad C1000 Touch™ Thermal Cycler with 96-Deep Well Reaction Module (Cat No. 1851197)
- Eppendorf MasterCycler® Pro (Cat No. North America 950030010, International 6321 000.019) (discontinued)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Applied Biosystems) Veriti© 96-Well Thermal Cycler (Cat No. 4375786)(discontinued)
Below are the minimum thermal cycler specifications for compatibility with Visium for FFPE.
1. Uniform heating of 100 μl volumes
2. A temperature-controlled lid
3. A 96 deep-well block or 0.2 ml block configuration
The deep-well block allows the Visium Thermocycler Adaptor to sit directly on top of the block for efficient heat transfer to the Visium slide. Not using a deep-well block will lessen the heat transfer from the block to the slide and result in a decrease in assay performance.
4. Cycler lid is able to close once the Thermocycler Adaptor and Slide Cassette(s) are assembled
The following instruments are not compatible due to the lid not being able to close with the Visium Thermocycler Adaptor and Slide Cassette(s) assembled:
- Applied Biosystems MiniAmp
- Applied Biosystems ProFlex
- Applied Biosystems SimpliAmp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific VeritiPro
The following instruments can fit the Visium Thermocycler Adaptor and Slide Cassette(s) once assembled. Validation with the Visium assays has not been performed to compare the assay performance. Therefore, the following instruments are not officially supported and the assay performance equivalency is unknown.
- Bio-Rad S1000™ Thermal Cycler with 96–Deep Well Reaction Module (Cat No. 1852197)
- Eppendorf Mastercycler EP Gradient S
- Eppendorf Vapo Protect
- MJ Research Tetrad 2
For thermal cyclers not listed, they are untested and we cannot guarantee assay performance.
Products: Visium for FFPE