Question: Which thermal cyclers are compatible with the Fixed RNA Profiling assay?
Answer: Listed below are the minimum thermal cycler specifications for compatibility with the Fixed RNA Profiling Assay:
- Uniform heating of 100 μl emulsion volumes.
- The thermal cycler supports uniform temperature cycling.
- The thermal cycler has a temperature-controlled lid.
Please check with the thermal cycler manufacturer to ensure the above specifications are met.
The following thermal cyclers are compatible with Fixed RNA Profiling Assay:
- Bio-Rad C1000 Touch™ Thermal Cycler with 96-Deep Well Reaction Module* (#1851197)
- Eppendorf MasterCycler® X50S (Cat No. North America 6311000010)
- Biometra TAdvanced 96SG Endpoint Thermal Cycler (#846-4-070-241)
If using thermal cyclers other than BioRad C1000, the ramp rates should be adjusted for all the steps as described below l Eppendorf MasterCycler X50s: 3°C/sec heating and 2°C/sec cooling l Analytik Jena Biometra TAdvanced: 2°C/sec heating and cooling.
Products: Fixed RNA Profiling Gene Expression