Question: Which thermal cyclers are compatible with Visium?
Answer: Below are the minimum thermal cycler specifications for compatibility with Visium assays.
1. Uniform heating of 100 μl volumes
2. A temperature-controlled lid
3. A 96 deep-well block or 0.2 ml block configuration
The deep-well block allows the Visium Thermocycler Adaptor to sit directly on top of the block for efficient heat transfer to the Visium slide. Not using a deep-well block will lessen the heat transfer from the block to the slide and result in a decrease in assay performance.
4. Cycler lid is able to close once the Thermocycler Adaptor and Slide Cassette(s) are assembled
The following thermal cyclers are compatible with the Visium solution:
- Bio-Rad C1000 Touch™ Thermal Cycler with 96-Deep Well Reaction Module* (#1851197)
- Bio-Rad S1000 S1000™ Thermal Cycler with 96–Deep Well Reaction Module (#1852197)
- Eppendorf MasterCycler® Pro (Cat No. North America 950030010, International 6321 000.019)* (discontinued)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Applied Biosystems) Veriti© 96-Well Thermal Cycler (Cat No. 4375786)* (discontinued)
- Bio-Rad T100 Thermal Cycler
- Eppendorf Mastercycler EP Gradient S
- Eppendorf Vapo Protect
- MJ Research Tetrad 2
*Thermal cyclers that have been validated with the Visium assay by 10x.
The following instruments are not compatible due to the lid not being able to close with the Visium Thermocycler Adaptor and Slide Cassettes assembled:
- Applied Biosystems MiniAmp
- Applied Biosystems ProFlex
- Applied Biosystems SimpliAmp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific VeritiPro
Products: Visium for Fresh-Frozen, Visium for FFPE