Question: What are the hardware improvements for the Chromium X Series Instrument?
Answer: The hardware improvements of the Chromium X Series relative to the Chromium Controller are:
- Additional sensors and more accurate pressure control
- Increased stabilization of runs & better troubleshooting - alerts users when there is a user-salvageable error and how to correct
- Temperature control stabilizes GEM generation against fluctuations in lab temperature and also decreases the variability of gene expression data
- Temp control is set at 25C during GEM generation. Cannot be adjusted by the user
- More interactive user interface that allows for editable run names to enable user-friendly run logs to keep track of experiments (useful for experimental tracking for cores)
- Seamless firmware upgrades via the 10x Cloud through Wi-Fi/Ethernet or using an offline USB-enabled process.
- The upgrade process is much easier, no longer requires a Windows laptop to perform.
Products: Chromium X Series