Question: What sample types are compatible with the 3' CellPlex Kit for Cell Multiplexing?
Answer: Theoretically, the 3' CellPlex Kit is compatible with any cell/nuclei type. The sample types we have tested in-house are shown here and described in further detail below:
Cells and nuclei
- The 3' CellPlex Kit is compatible with cells and nuclei.
- The Cell Multiplexing Oligos (CMO's) in the 3’ CellPlex kit contain lipids that can label cell membranes and nuclear membranes.
- In theory, the 3’ CellPlex Kit is compatible with any species.
- We have performed in-house tests with human, mouse, rat, and monkey cells.
- We have not tested the 3’ CellPlex Kit with non-animal species (e.g., plant protoplasts) and cannot guarantee assay performance with these sample types.
Cell type and cell size
- We have tested the 3’ CellPlex Kit on a range of cell types and cell sizes, including PBMCs (~5 to 10 microns), dissociated mouse neurons (~9 microns), and various cell lines (~10 to 30 microns). We have also tested the 3’ CellPlex Kit on nuclei, which are smaller than the cell sizes mentioned above.
- We observed excellent labeling efficiency with 3’ CellPlex reagents across this range of cell/nuclei types and sizes.
- Note that cells larger than 50 microns are not recommended as they can cause clogs in the microfluidic channels of the 10x Genomics chips. See: What is the range of compatible cell sizes?
Please refer to our Technical Note on Cell Multiplexing, which shows excellent assay performance across different sample types and species.
Products: Single Cell Gene Expression, CellPlex