Question: What are the best practices for labeling cells with the 3' CellPlex Kit for Cell Multiplexing
Cell viability or nuclei quality
- Optimize cell/nuclei isolation protocols before performing Cell Multiplexing.
- For single-cell suspensions, we recommend using samples with >90% viability.
- Use at least 100,000 cells or nuclei as input into the CMO labeling protocol.
- Robust cell washing is critical to obtaining high-quality data, reducing background from unbound cell labeling reagents.
- Centrifugation conditions may need optimization to minimize cell loss during labeling.
- Count cells before and after pooling.
- Accurate counting is critical to ensure that all samples are evenly represented.
- Flow sorting of CMO-labeled cells or nuclei may be used to improve sample quality.
Sample pooling ratios and CMO tag number
- For optimal cell multiplet detection, pool samples at equal ratios and use 1 CMO tag for every ~2,500 cells targeted.
Products: Single Cell Gene Expression, CellPlex