Question: What is the cell multiplet rate when using the 3’ CellPlex Kit for Cell Multiplexing?
Answer: The cell multiplet rate is dependent on the Targeted Cell Recovery.
As the Targeted Cell Recovery increases, it becomes more likely two cells will end up being partitioned together into the same GEM (cell multiplet).
The cell multiplet rate is approximately 0.8% for every 1,000 cells targeted. For example, the expected cell multiplet rate is:
- ~0.8% at a targeted cell recovery of 1,000
- ~4% at a targeted cell recovery of 5,000
- ~8% at a targeted cell recovery of 10,000
- ~16% at a targeted cell recovery of 20,000
- ~24% at a targeted cell recovery of 30,000
Note that some, but not all, of these cell multiplets, can be identified and filtered out in Cell Ranger.
Products: Single Cell Gene Expression, CellPlex