Question: Is the Single Cell 3’ v3.1 Single Index assay compatible with the 3’ CellPlex Kit for Cell Multiplexing?
Answer: No. The 3’ CellPlex Kit is only supported for use with the Chromium Single Cell 3’ v.3.1 Dual Index Gene Expression assay.
If you have already purchased Single Cell 3’ v3.1 Single Index reagent kits, it is possible to upgrade to both Dual Indexing and Cell Multiplexing by following these instructions:
- Purchase the following new kits:
- Dual Index Kit TT Set A
- Dual Index Kit NN Set A
- 3’ Feature Barcode Kit (note new part number: 1000262)
- 3’ CellPlex Kit
- Dual Index Kit NT Set A (only needed if also generating Cell Surface Protein or CRISPR Screening libraries)
- Use these new kits together with the chips, gels beads, and reagents from your existing 3’ v3.1 Single Index reagent kits.
- Follow the instructions in the appropriate Dual Index User Guide to generate Dual Index Gene Expression, Dual Index Cell Multiplexing, and (optional) Dual Index Cell Surface Protein or CRISPR Screening libraries.
Note that the Single Index Plate T Set A used to generate Single Index 3'v3.1 Gene Expression libraries is not compatible with Cell Multiplexing libraries. Single Index Plate T Set A contains primers with TruSeq Read 2 adapter sequences, whereas Cell Multiplexing libraries contain Nextera Read 2 adapter sequences.
Products: Single Cell Gene Expression, CellPlex