Question: Which thermal cyclers are recommended for use with the Visium solution?
Answer: Thermal cyclers must support uniform heating of 100 μl volumes, contain a 96-well block that fits .2ml PCR tubes or plates (deep-well) and the lid is able to close once the Thermocycler Adapter and Slide Cassette(s) are added. A heated lid is required to run the Visium Tissue Optimization and Gene Expression workflows.
Thermal cyclers that have been validated with the Visium workflows and therefore recommended by 10x Genomics are:
- Bio-Rad C1000 Touch™ Thermal Cycler with 96-Deep Well Reaction Module (PN-1851197)
- Eppendorf MasterCycler® Pro (PN North America 950030010, International 6321 000.019)
- Thermo Fisher Veriti© 96-Well Thermal Cycler (PN-4375786)
If none of the above models are available, the following minimum specifications are required:
- The reaction volumes should be within the capacity of the thermal cycler
- The thermal cycler supports uniform temperature cycling
- The thermal cycler has a temperature-controlled lid
- The thermal cycler lid is able to shut with the Thermocycler Adapter and Slide Cassette(s) seated in the block
Please check with the thermal cycler manufacturer to ensure the above specifications are met.