Question: How should I prepare fresh tissue for shipment for making a Visium slide?
Answer: In order to ship fresh tissue for use in making a Visum slide, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Snap freeze the fresh tissue in an isopentane and liquid nitrogen bath
- Place the frozen tissue in a pre-cooled sealed container sitting on dry ice using pre-chilled forceps or spatula
- Store the sealed container at -80C until shipment
- Samples can be shipped overnight in dry ice, provided there is enough dry ice to account for transit and delivery times. Refer to the local institution or delivery service for detailed instructions on shipping samples in dry ice.
- Once the package has been received, the sealed container should be transferred on dry ice to a -80C freezer for storage.
For detailed instructions on how to snap freeze tissue, please refer to our Tissue Preparation Guide.