Question: How should I store Visium Slides once tissue sections have been placed?
Answer: The following steps should be taken to store the slides:
- Once capture areas on a slide contain tissue sections, place slide in a pre-cooled sealed container (50ml centrifuge tube or slide mailer) on dry ice.
- Store slides with tissue sections placed individually (one slide per container)
- If the container is not securely sealed, place container in a sealable plastic bag
- Transport container on dry ice to a -80C freezer
- Store container containing slide at -80C for up to 4 weeks before starting the Visium Spatial workflow