Question: How do I transfer data via USB on Xenium Analyzer instruments on SW version 1.8?
Answer: A new Xenium USB Transfer Tool will be available for the Xenium Analyzer starting in SW release version 1.8. This Xenium USB Transfer Tool is accessible from the desktop and the icon will be named USB Copy UI.
To use the Xenium USB Transfer Tool:
1. Attach a portable USB drive to the USB port on the Xenium Analysis Computer to export the output files.
- USB drive must have ≥ 256 GB storage capacity, ≥ version 3.0, and be pre-formatted to the exFAT file system.
2. Open the Xenium USB Transfer Tool application (labeled as USB Copy UI).
3. Click the folder selection button. A dropdown with all folders in the /output directory will open. Select the folder to be transferred to the USB. Only one output folder can be selected at a time.
4. Select the desired USB in the destination USB dropdown. Any inserted and found USBs will be selectable in the dropdown.
5. Select Start Transfer. The transfer will begin and a progress bar will indicate the status of the transfer. Once complete, the status will change to Transfer Complete.
6. After the UI indicates the transfer is completed, there will be no dialog box to close, the user can either select a new folder to transfer or close the Xenium USB Transfer Tool.
7. After closing the Xenium USB Transfer Tool, the USB must be ejected prior to removing the USB from the Xenium Analysis Computer. If you just unplug a device, you risk files being lost or damaged. Open Files in the Ubuntu OS and locate the USB device in the sidebar. Right-click the name of the USB and select Safely Remove Device. This is the preferred method of ejecting the USB instead of selecting the eject icon next to the device name.
Note: The data transfer is expected to fail if there is not enough space on the destination USB, if the USB is not pre-formatted to the exFAT file system, or if the output folder is already present in the destination USB (The Xenium USB Transfer Tool cannot transfer the same output folder twice to the same destination USB). The UI will note Transfer did not proceed in these cases.
Tags: Xenium In Situ Gene Expression