Question: Can library and gel bead kits be used past their expiration dates?
Answer: We cannot guarantee performance of reagents if they are used past their expiration date.
To ensure best results, reagents should be used before expiration date and the following considerations should be kept in mind:
- Check number of freeze-thaw cycles for the Gel Beads and all kit components stored at -20C (Modules 1 & 2). Avoid more than 10 freeze-thaw cycles.
- Unused Gel Beads should be stored at −80°C.
- The resuspended RT-Primer should be stored at −80°C.
- All enzyme components and Master Mixes should be kept on ice during setup and promptly moved to the recommended storage temperature as soon as possible.
- Check ligase buffer and Additive A for precipitation after thawing and make sure they are fully resuspended before using. If remaining crystals are visible, briefly warming up the solution will facilitate resuspension. Additive A should have a strong smell. If it does not, do not use.