Question: Which thermal cyclers are supported for use with GEMs?
Answer: Thermal cyclers must support uniform heating of 100 μl emulsion (Single Cell)/ 120 µl emulsions (Genome/Exome) volumes. Thermal cyclers that have been validated by 10x Genomics are:
- Bio-Rad C1000 Touch™ Thermal Cycler with 96-Deep Well Reaction Module (PN-1851197)
- Eppendorf MasterCycler® Pro (PN North America 950030010, International 6321 000.019)
- Thermo Fisher Veriti© 96-Well Thermal Cycler (PN-4375786)
If none of the above models are available, the minimum specifications are required:
- The GEM emulsion volumes should be within the capacity of the thermal cycler
- The thermal cycler supports uniform temperature cycling
- The thermal cycler has a temperature-controlled lid
Please check with the thermal cycler manufacturer to ensure the above specifications are met.