Question: Is the i7 Sample Index plate compatible across products?
Answer: It depends on the product.
- Single Cell 3' v2 and v3, Single Cell V(D)J 5', and Genome/Exome products use the same Chromium i7 Multiplex Kit (PN-220103).
- Single Cell ATAC uses the Chromium i7 Multiplex Kit N (PN-1000084). These sample indexes are not compatible with other kits.
- Single Cell 3' v1 uses a separate set of sample indexes. These sample indexes are not compatible with other kits.
The sequences of the sample indexes for each kit can be found on our website:
- For Genome/Exome Libraries: https://support.10xgenomics.com/genome-exome/index/doc/specifications-sample-index-sets-for-genome-and-exome
- For Single Cell 3' Libraries: https://support.10xgenomics.com/single-cell-gene-expression/index/doc/specifications-sample-index-sets-for-single-cell-3
- For Single Cell V(D)J Libraries: https://support.10xgenomics.com/single-cell-vdj/sequencing/doc/specifications-sample-index-sets-for-single-cell-vdj
- For Single Cell ATAC Libraries: https://support.10xgenomics.com/single-cell-atac/sequencing/doc/specifications-sample-index-sets-for-single-cell-atac