Question: How should I prepare fresh tissue for shipment?
Answer: In order to ship fresh tissue for use with the Visium Spatial Gene Expression or Visium CytAssist Spatial Gene Expression for Fresh Frozen assays, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Snap freeze the fresh tissue in an isopentane and liquid nitrogen bath.
- Place the frozen tissue in a pre-cooled sealed container sitting on dry ice using pre-chilled forceps or spatula.
- Store the sealed container at -80°C until shipment.
- Samples can be shipped overnight in dry ice, provided there is enough dry ice to account for transit and delivery times. Refer to the local institution or delivery service for detailed instructions on shipping samples in dry ice.
- Once the package has been received, the sealed container should be transferred on dry ice to a -80°C freezer for storage.
For detailed instructions on how to snap freeze tissue, please refer the following:
Product: Visium for Fresh-Frozen, Visium CytAssist for FF