Question: What are the recommended T and B cell enrichment protocols?
Answer: Enrichment of T or B cells in a sample may be possible with the commercial products listed below.
We have tested T cell enrichment with human CD3 Microbeads (Miltenyi Biotech). See our Demonstrated Protocol: Enrichment of CD3+ T cells from dissociated tissue
We have also tested the following negative selection kits with our Barcode Enabled Antigen Mapping (BEAM) assay:
- Dynabeads Untouched Human CD8 T Cells Kit (Invitrogen)
- Dynabeads Untouched Mouse CD8 T Cells Kit (Invitrogen)
- EasySep™ Human B Cell Isolation Kit (Stemcell Technologies)
- See: Is bead-based pre-enrichment of B or T cells recommended for BEAM?
For additional guidance on magnetic microbeads, see:
- Are Microbeads (Miltenyi Biotec) and EasySep beads (STEMCELL) compatible with the 10x Single Cell RNA-seq workflow?
- Also refer to page 24 of our Cell Preparation Guide
Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) can also be used to isolate T or B cells and has been tested in-house with our BEAM assay. Refer to guidance in our BEAM Flow Sorting Technical Note.
Other products may be compatible but have not been tested in-house by 10x Genomics. Additional examples are listed below. These protocols have not been tested by 10x Genomics and are provided as suggestions that may need to be optimized by the user.
- Magnetic Microbeads -- MagniSort™ Human T or B Cell Enrichment Kit (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Column-Based -- T Cell Enrichment Columns (R&D Systems)
Products: Single Cell Immune Profiling, Single Cell Gene Expression