Question: Is a heat sealer necessary to seal the 96-well plate after GEM recovery?
Answer: Proper heat-sealing (185°C for 6 sec) of the validated, GEM-compatible Eppendorf twin.tec 96-Well PCR Plates is critical for proper subsequent GEM-RT incubation.
There are two main reasons why we recommended the heat-enabled plate sealer:
- The plastic of the Eppendorf twin.tec plates is emulsion compatible, and
- The plate is properly sealed.
Substituting the recommended Bio-rad's PX1 PCR Plate Sealer may adversely affect workflow performance and substitution is not supported.
Note, we have also validated the following PCR strip tubes and caps to use in place of the 96-well plate:
- TempAssure PCR 8-tube strip (USA Scientific)
- PCR Tubes 0.2 ml 8-tube strips (Eppendorf)
- MicroAmp 8 Tube Strip (Thermo Fisher)
Products: Single Cell 3', VDJ